Thursday 29 October 2015

October Fashion & Beauty Favourites


Spring blossoms, a return to warmer weather and terrible hay fever have all made a reappearance during October but im not complaining as a change of season has also brought with it some new favourites to both my wardrobe and makeup bag. Here is what I've been loving in October:

The Perfect Striped Dress :: Do you ever find that sometimes that most basic clothing pieces are the hardest to get right. I can't remember the number of times I've bought a striped dress which just doesn't quite hit the mark. Being five foot two it's pretty easy for things to be too long or not fit the way a garment was intended, but this stripey number from Dorothy Perkins is so perfect. It is figure hugging but I've been loving wearing it with a denim jacket and my white converse shoes for an easy but put-together casual look.

Button Up Denim A-Line Skirts :: I love it when trends are actually wearable and super flattering for practically every body type. A Line skirts are my go-to for the best shape for my body type (read: thighs) and it's one of the only elements of the 70s trend that I think is going to stick around for a while. This button up number is from Dotti and I'm seriously considering getting it in black as well.

REN Clarifying Toner :: Remember my mini-MECCA beauty hall and how I said I'd do a review of said products sometime.... This product has ignited my love for toners. Having only really used supermarket jobs which don't actually do much, switching to a 'proper' toner has had a significant effect on my skin. Oily and spot prone girls might be interested in giving this a try as it's one of the only products that has quite noticeably helped clear up my scars and helps prevent pimples from being as bad as they could be.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer :: Another MECCA product I bought last month and have been loving. I bought the tiny sized 8.95ml bottle because this stuff is eye wateringly expensive and I wasn't sure it was worth the hype. Fortunately its bloody brilliant especially for preventing oil from ruining your makeup, something I constantly struggle with. The other upside? A tiny tiny amount goes a loooong way. Since the bottle I bought has a mini pump to go with its mini size, I squeeze out a tiny tiny blob, so tiny it's hardly worth calling a blob and it covers my entire face. Amazing, brilliant and may just bite the bullet and buy a big size when my tiny bottle eventually runs out.

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick No.30 :: I've been on the hunt for a purple lipstick for a while now but wasn't sure if I was brave enough to go full purple. This baby is a berry shaded purple which is a tad brighter than what I would usually wear in autumn. It's probably not the most spring appropriate shade but it's just so pretty I think it works all year around. Rimmel matte lipsticks have become my go to since they're just so cheap and the formula rivals that of many high end brands.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig