Monday 5 October 2015

Looking Forward To Spring


This is probably going to end up being one of those 'like duh' posts because honestly, who doesn't like the warmer months of Spring and Summer? Spring has to be my favourite season in Australia though as the deliciously comfortable temperatures make basking in the outdoors a lot more enjoyable than when the oppressive heat of summer hits later on. Here is what I'm most looking forward to over the next few months:
  • Longer Evenings :: Even though we don't get daylight savings here in WA (seriously people!!) I can't wait for the evenings to slowly start drawing out and weekday evenings can be spent outside without fear of mosquitos biting my ankles at 5.30.
  • Reading Outside :: Finally being able to sit outside in the fresh air without a blanket or fear of being rained on is my favourite way to enjoy reading this season.
  • Barbeque Dinners :: Is there anything better than barbequeing EVERYTHING you can find in the refrigerator for dinner? Well it's a good thing I'm such a fan too as our kitchen renovations are about to take place in a few weeks which means the barbie will be our main source of cooking. Bring on the sausages I say!
  • Bike Rides and Beach Days :: Spring is the best season for being active outdoors without dying of heat exhaustion. (If you can't already tell I still don't think I've properly acclimatised to the height of summer in WA. 35 degree days are not my jam!) Likewise beach trips when the sand isn't at thermo-nuclear levels makes it that much more enjoyable.
  • Movie Nights :: There are quite a few movie nights held in beautiful locations - think parks and wineries - around my town and I'm fully looking forward to taking advantage of them once the weather perks up.
  • All The Summer Clothes :: I've already ditched the tights and am ready to embrace light layers, short hemlines and getting my (fake) tan on.
  • Wildflowers :: Although you're not allowed to pick them, wildflower season is my favourite in WA as everything bursts into life before having the sun suck it out of them in Summer. Right now our Mulberry tree is in full bloom, our plum tree is blossoming and out in the countryside all the grasslands are starting to transform into places of beauty. Hayfever tablets can't even make me dislike this season!
What are you most looking forward to this season?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig