Tuesday 19 September 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: My Spring TBR List


September brings with it the changing of the seasons and thankfully means longer nights, sunny days and the wild and windy weather Wellington is known for! Surprisingly despite the coming warmth my to be read list is looking pretty dark. Take a look at this week's Top Ten Tuesday!

The Power by Naomi Alderman :: A sci-fi novel about a diverse group of teenage girls and how their lives change when they inherit the physical power. Seemingly overnight the world changes. I love this take on feminism and whether the world would change for better or worse, if women were physically dominant.

The Girl Who Takes an Eye For An Eye by David Lagercrantz :: Continuing on the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series, David Lagercrantz delivers the fifth book in the series. I read The Girl In The Spider's Web a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

The Break Down by B A Paris :: It's been a while since I've indulged in reading crime fiction and The Break Down has come up in my media feeds a lot lately.

Room and The Wonder by Emma Donoghue :: I absolutely loved Frog Music by Emma Donoghue and have always wanted to read more from this compelling author. Although Room and The Wonder are two very different books I love discovering authors who write a broad range of fiction.

Into The Water by Paula Hawkins :: Another crime book! I really enjoyed The Girl on The Train.


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. lots of new books for me to check out. Awesome picks! There are so many fall releases I am excited about and so many series I want to continue/start!

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs
    My Fall TBR picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've actually read TWO books on your list! Usually I'm so in the dark on everything. :D The Breakdown is easy to figure out but was still a really good read. Into the Water I'm still having mixed feelings about. It wasn't an awful book, but there were so many POV's that I often had a hard time keeping them straight.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #winning! Interesting, I have heard similar criticism to Into the Water and honestly I often find multiple POV's less engaging so it will be interesting to see whether I like it! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
    2. It wound up being a really good story, but I almost gave up about 20% in because of all the POVs. And this comes from someone who reads epic fantasy. :D

      Delete
  3. I was kind of confused at first because of the "Spring" part in the title of your post, but then I realised Wellington is in New Zealand and it all made sense :p Anyways, great list! I hope you'll enjoy them all!

    xx Yasmine @ Swissbookworm
    My Fall TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, us southern hemispherers have to do everything backwards!

      Delete
  4. I'm so looking forward to reading The Power! I just ordered a copy, and I can't wait for it to arrive. I've heard it has very interesting commentary on feminism, so I'm excited to read it for myself.
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It looks so good, I went to get it from the Library today but it was a $10 hire charge. I would rather buy it for that price so I think I'm going to purchase instead. It looks very intriguing!

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig