Tuesday 1 March 2016

Ten Books To Read If You're In The Mood For...Wanderlust


For today's Top Ten Tuesday post I thought I would put together a collection of books that have really given me a bad case of wanderlust. Some of these books have inspired me to go to specific countries while others just invoke a sense of adventure through their writing. Either way you're sure to get a feeling of itchy feet after reading them!

African Dawn by Tony Parks :: South Africa. I loved reading this book after my trip to Botswana and the imagery it evoked of everything from the animals to the dusty sunsets made for a truly immersive experience.

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts :: India. This is an epic book (it's huge) but so worth it for all the colourful, vibrant and noisy descriptions of India.

The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver :: Mexico. I absolutely adored this book especially the beachside setting of Mexico to begin with.

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon :: Spain. I love the descriptions of the Spanish architecture and winding cobbled streets, not to mention that amazing secret library!

Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier :: United States of America. The descriptions of travelling through Virginia in this book are so beautiful it really appealled to me.

All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy:: Mexico. One of my favourite books ever Cormac McCarthy is a master of creating evocative landscapes and this book about two brothers who travel from Texas across the Mexican boarder is beautiful.

The Hundred Foot Journey by Richard C Morais :: India/France. Not only did this book conjure up beautiful images of India but the food, ohhhh the food!

Chocolat by Joanne Harris :: France. Cobbled streets, a quaint French village and sumptuous food make this book one for all of the senses.

Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres:: Greece. I loved how descriptive the island setting of this book is!

Let me know which books you love to read to give you a feeling of wanderlust?!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Omg this entire POST gives me Wanderlust. XD I really love travelling through books. It's super convenient...and less exhausting. ;) I really want to read Chocolat! Because Paris + chocolate = yes I need this clearly. ;D

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! haha yes so much cheaper and less jet lag than actual travelling. Chocolat is so good, I've read it about three times already, it's a good one to read with Easter coming up!

      Delete
  2. I'm always in the mood for wanderlust! One of my favorites is Dark Star Safari.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/03/ten-books-to-read-if-you-are-in-mood.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out! I love books set in africa, it makes me want to go back so badly.

      Delete
  3. Ohh I love this! I always like to travel through books. The Hundred-Foot Journey is a lovely read. :)
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great one for foody people too. It made me so hungry!

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful list. There are definitely some books here I need to add to my TBR list. I absolutely loved The Shadow of the Wind! my TTT: https://alizashandel.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/top-ten-tuesday-10-nonfiction-books-to-sink-your-teeth-into/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Chocolat was a book too! Where have I been?.. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good book! Joanne Harris is a great writer but it will make you very hungry for chocolate :)

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig