Tuesday 15 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Autumn TBR


While the rest of the world welcomes the first petals of Spring, us Southern Hemisphere lot are looking forward to the colder weather if only because it removes any sort of guilt associated with not being outside and instead we can reserve every right to get snuggly with a good book. This Autumn I'm hoping to tick off the following books:

The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell :: My current read, (is that cheating? nope, okay then) which started off fantastically but halfway through I'm feeling a little bit defeated by the length. I'm going to carry on and hope that future chapters pick up the pace that this novel started off so strongly with.

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray :: I feel bad even talking about this book because I bang on about this series so much (The Diviners, it's ammmmaaazing!) and yet I've been slacking on reading the second one. Maybe I have THE FEAR? either way it needs to happen.

Under the Spanish Stars by Alli Sincair :: I was very kindly gifted this book from Harlequin Aus a while back and have been meaning to pick it up. All I know is that it looks exactly like the kind of wunder-lust inducing read that I love so much.

A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby :: One of my favourite funny authors, I have had this book reserved at the library to read and then promptly forgot to pick it up for weeks.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness :: I've really enjoyed getting into more YA last year and this book about finding the extraordinary in ordinary lives sounds like a something I would very much enjoy.

The Drop by Dennis Lehane :: I feel like it's been too long since I've picked up a crime read and indeed the last book I read from this genre was The Girl on the Train last year. Dennis Lehane is one of my favourite authors for crime fiction so any of his books will do but in particular I really want to read this one that tells the story of a 'drop bar' in Boston.
I'd love to know what books you are itching to read this season?!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I started The Bone Clocks but gave up after about 100 pages; I just wasn't feeling it but I really want to give it another go. And you can never read enough Nick Hornby! He is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im up to page 361! I enjoyed the first three segments that are told from different characters perspectives but the one I'm reading now is a little bit *ahem* boring to me. I'll keep going though, hopefully it's worth it.

      Delete
  2. I listened to The Bone Clocks on audiobook and it was great - it definitely picks up the pace. Happy reading!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! Im almost all the way through Crispin Hershey's chapters but I think because he's a little bit of a whiney wingebag I want to get back to the other characters. I'll keep going :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh oooh! Lair of Dreams is my vote! It's different from The Diviners but still a great read! I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty (also Libba Bray) and love it LOTS. Here's My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes okay I think it has to be Lair of Dreams next! I haven't read anything else by Libba Bray but I already declare her work to be AWESOME!

      Delete
  4. Great list! I really need to get round to The Rest of us Just Live Here as well as The Diviners as I love 1920's America and so it seems like the perfect book for me!
    Hope you enjoy all of these and heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Diviners was my favourite book from 2015! If you like the 20s then I think you will really enjoy it :)

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig