Tuesday 29 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday :: Most Recent 5 Star Reads


There's something very satisfying about this week's Top Ten Tuesday post in rounding up the cream of the crop of books I've read most recently. While I'm not 100% sure I gave these books 5 stars each, they certainly all tick the boxes for some of the best books I've read recently!

Emma by Jane Austen :: Witty, charming and hilarious, matchmaker Emma causes more trouble than she bargains for when it comes to meddling in her friends' relationships. Jane Austen's classic was hard to put down and I think I found some new favourite characters in Emma and Mr Knightley.

After You by Jojo Moyes :: The follow-up novel to Me Before You, I really enjoyed picking up again with Louisa who was struggling to move on from her relationship with Will. Sad, funny and hopeful, I thought this book dealt realistically with the struggles of moving on from grief and Lousia's struggle to discover what she really wants out of life.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor :: I wasn't expecting to enjoy this fantasy novel but something about the setting of Prague combined with the mystery of Karou's origins (blue hair, tattoos) and what all those teeth are for really struck a chord in my imagination. I can't wait to read the second installment.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins :: While I can't say this book lived up to the hype of Gone Girl as so many people were tauting it to, The Girl on the Train was a very solid thriller, mysery which had me addicted to finishing it as fast as possibly.

What book have you read recently that you would highly recommend?


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. After You! Ahh! I loved Me Before You but haven't gotten to it yet. Too scared it's going to break my heart, haha. I've read Daughter of Smoke and Bone a while ago, and it wasn't for me, sadly. Great writing, though.
    Here's my TTT about popular books I rated 1 star

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as sad as Me Before You, so you will probably cry less :) I really like Daughter of Smoke of Bone but am a bit wary of continuing the series just because I don't usually do fantasy and I felt the first one wasn't very fantasy based which was probably why I liked it.

      Delete
  2. Aw, I realy liked Emma but to be honest I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig