Tuesday 19 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday :: My Current To Be Read List


This week's Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish is kind of perfect for me considering I am constantly adding new books to lists on my phone so that I don't forget all of the wonderful recommendations I find weekly via Youtube and book blogs. Here are ten of my most recent additions to my reading wish list.

Lorali by Laura Dockrill :: A book about mermaids that is actually pretty highly rated? Count me in.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater :: The more I read of Young Adult paranormal magical shenanigans the more I discover I actually kinda like it. Hence the addition of this book to my reading list.

The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld :: Enchanted magic and a book narrated by an inmate on death row have certainly piqued my interest in picking up this book.

The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell :: I have no idea how to even begin describing the plot for this novel other than it is told over many decades of time and I know that it has quite a few interesting characters. More than that though David Mitchell's writing is both beautiful, quirky and laugh-out-loud funny which is three very good reasons to read.

The Rest of us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness :: I love the premise of this book. Ever wondered what it would be like to be the normal friend of someone who is super-hero level remarkable?

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch :: Described as like Robin Hood meets Oceans Eleven this story of a conman and his band of followers has been mentioned quite a few times to me and it's time I picked  it up!

The Ice Twins by S.K Tremayne:: You guys now I need me some crime and thriller fiction and this creepy novel involves a creepy mystery of the death of a twin and mistaken identities.

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare :: I've never read any of the Infernal Devices novel but the mix of historical and paranormal has me intrigued!

What books have made your TBR list recently?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. You should really read The Infernal Devices !! I loved it so much, and in combination with The Mortal Instruments of course.. Did you read those ?
    I still need to read Raven Boys... had it in my bookcase for ages XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a copy but ill try find one soon. Just have so many things to read!!

      Delete
  2. I really, really love the cover to The Bone Clocks! I've thought about getting it several times, even though it doesn't really sound like something I would read :p

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of reading it either until I saw a Youtuber read a couple of his favourite passages out and it's actually sounds really funny! It's not my usual type of read either. That cover is stunning though :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, I love Patrick Ness, and this premise sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by Patrick Ness but his name keeps coming up again and again. I especially like the sound of this book though :)

      Delete
  4. You need to read The Infernal Devices NOW (just kidding). When you read, tell me if you have a ship, I'm curious... I'm shipping the three characters together, actually, because choosing was too hard! The Raven Boys is also great and you won't have to wait for The Raven King too long, which is great, because it seemed like forever at first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, im super late to the party on Infernal Devices. Ooh does that mean there is a love triangle going on? The good part about waiting ages to read a series is that all the books are available for binge reading!

      Delete
  5. I do really want to read Clockwork Angel at some point. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you love The Raven Boys!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/top-ten-tuesday-40/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read The Enchanted/The Bone Clocks - probably because the covers look so lovely! Also, The Lies of Locke Lamora is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit that I only took notice of The Bone Clocks when that beautiful cover came out (shallow shallow reader that I am). I have heard so much good things about The Lies of Locke Lamora, glad you liked it! :)

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig