Tuesday 26 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Like To See As Movies


It's Tuesday which means it's also time for the Top Ten Tuesday post and this week it's a freebie! Since I'm a bit of a movie buff I thought I would pick ten books I would love to see made into movies.

Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes :: This is by far my favourite Marian Keyes book and it's so so funny as well as being heartwarming and enduring and also tackling a big issue like addiction. I think this would be the perfect chick-flick but with heart and actual substance to the story line.

Beauty and the Beast :: Cheating totally here since this is actually coming out in 2017 but I am so looking forward to seeing this! This was the movie of my 90s childhood and having mega babe Emma Watson playing Belle has me even more excited.

The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly :: This book would make a wonderful movie adaptation or like a three part BBC miniseries or something. Historical fiction on the big-screen isn't done that often and an epic book deserves a big budget.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor :: I think mainly I just want to see Kerou with blue hair and all her awesome tattoos but with CGI and special effects being pretty amazing these days, fantasy novels being adapted for the big screen is getting more common.

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller :: I know that this is actually a movie but it was made decades ago and I've never been that interested in watching it (despite the fact that I do love old movies). I love sartirical comedy and am actually partical to the occasional war film - if the characters and plot are there - and would love to see an updated movie of one of my favourite books!

Night Circus by Erin Morggenstein :: Magical realism + a historical setting makes me one happy bunny. I loved this book because I thought the circus was so real and vivid in my mind and I'd love to see it adapted for screen.

Olivia Joules by Helen Fielding :: After the hype of Bridget Jones' Diary author Helen Fielding wrote a female spy novel Olivia Joules that a lot of people will probably have not heard of. Its like James Bond meets Bridget Jones and is so funny and ridiculous that I think it would be a great action comedy to script.

Longbourne by Jo Baker :: I'm a big Pride and Prejudice fan and this novel tells the point of view of the Bennett household from the view of the servants. I would love to see another adaptation of Pride and Prejudice as I wasn't a big fan of the Keira Knightly version but Longbourne also takes the story to a different place and offers something new for audiences.


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Nice topic for this week ! I like your list and the though you put into it ! :)

    My TTT http://freyjaeatsbooks.blogspot.nl/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-freebie-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your excitement about the 2017 live action version of Beauty and The Beast! Why couldn't it be coming out this year instead?!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/top-ten-tuesday-41/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 90s kid in me is so excited, all those times of watching on VHS, and how good is Emma Watson cast as Belle!

      Delete
  3. Rachel's Holiday is one of my favorite Marian Keyes books as well. :) I would love to see all the Walsh Family books as movies. It would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I think Rachel's Holiday would be hilarious on film, as long as it was Irish of course!

      Delete
  4. I’m still hoping someone would make a movie for The Night Circus… and that it’ll actually be a good adaptation for a change :D I’m also super excited to see the upcoming Beauty and the Beast. I’m sure Emma Watson is going to be perfect in the role. I honestly can’t think of anyone else as Belle.

    http://ofstacksandcups.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one! This is one of my favorite topic and it's always fun to read! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Night Circus would be amazing to see on the big screen!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig