Tuesday 12 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Meant To Read in 2015


While I didn't actually have any particular reading goals in 2015 there were still a bunch of books I would have liked to get to but just didn't find the time (I blame Netflix more than anything else). So for The Broke and The Bookish Top Ten Tuesday here are the books I meant to read before House of Card marathons got in the way.

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray :: I loved the first book in this paranormal Young Adult series, which you know because I talk about it all the damn time. Book two is on my reading list in the early months of 2016.

Jackaby by William Ritter :: This book was more of a fail trying to get a copy. My library didn't stock any and being a paperback over hardback fan there were a few times I went to buy this but couldn't find any editions in my chosen format in stock.

All the Little Pieces by Jillian Hoffman :: The main reason I've been delaying this book is because the cover looks scary guys! I usually balance creepy thriller reads with something a bit lighter and have been wussing out over reading this.

A Moveable Feast by Earnest Hemingway :: Okay, this book has been on my TBR for a couple of years now. I've never read any Hemingway and I chose A Moveable Feast as it's set in Pamplona and I like books that are set in places I've been. My library doesn't own a copy of this so I may just have to buy one. (Ooooh I wonder if there is a cute Penguin paperback edition I can pick up?)

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell :: I am correcting this mistake by reading this right now! I'm only half way through but there is just something about Rainbow Rowell's writing that I love.

Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith :: I remember being very excited about the latest release in the Coromoran Strike detective novels and then....just kind of forgetting to get a copy. I have read a couple of reviews this year that have made me really want to add it back onto my reading list.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass :: I'm excited to start this much-raved about series about a kick-arse assassin!

After You by Jojo Moyes :: I have this on my bookshelf and am so looking forward to reading the follow up to Me Before You, which was one of my favourite books I've read since I started blogging. 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Hope you manage to read Throne of Glass this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-39/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I borrowed a copy so hopefully that will spurr me on to read it!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I thought After You was the perfect follow-up and just made me more excited for the movie this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the book really emotional so im gunna be a mess watching the movie, I just know it!

      Delete
  3. Throne of Glass, Jackaby, and Fangirl are some of my favorites! Happy reading!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Im determined to find a copy of Jackaby in paperback!

      Delete
  4. Me After You also made my list, and I didn't even realise there was a movie coming! I need to read Career Of Evil too...but I haven't even got around to The Silkworm yet! :(

    My TTT: https://thebookbrief.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-2015-releases-i-meant-to-get-to-but-didnt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I I know, there's just not enough time to get to everything. It's okay I've been wanting to read A Moveable Feast for about four years now, eventually it will happen. I'ts a bit different when there's a movie coming out though I always try to get to the book first.

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig