Sunday 24 January 2016

Authors to Note: Jojo Moyes


It's been a while since I've done one of these spotlight posts of my favourite authors but with my most recent read competed I definitely felt like I needed to highlight Jojo Moyes as someone you need to read. It actually makes me happy that I've only read three of her novels as there is more goodness for me to continue with this year! Here are my favourite titles by this amazing author and a few I'm planning on picking up soon.

Me Before You :: The book that started it all, Me Before You is a beautifully written heartwarming and heartbreaking novel about Louisa, adrift in her mid-twenties with no real idea of what she wants out of life. That is until she meets Will, a quadriplegic who will turn her life upside down. I don't want to say too much about the plot of this book (and it's follow up either) but oh man this had me bawling and I'm really not much of a cryer when it comes to reading. This is definitely a small book with a big heart and will make you consider what it really means to live.

The Girl You Left Behind :: One painting, two women, one hundred years apart. Yep, I'm pretty sure the ending of this book made me want to cry too. In 1914 Edouard Lefevre paints his beautiful wife Sophie before he leaves for the front lines of the war. In 2014 Liv Halston is determined to hold onto the beautiful painting her husband bought for their wedding anniversary before his death. I loved the strong female characters in this book and had so much hope for both Sophie and Liv who are both fighting for their survival.

After You :: The follow up novel to Me Before You, Louisa is struggling after caring for Will. As Louisa slowly tries to turn her life back around the possibility of a new relationship might be derailed by a visitor from Will's past. I was so so pleased when I found out there was a follow up novel to Me Before You and picking up with Louisa felt like a natural continuation from the previous novel. I had so much hope for Louisa to be happy once again and although Jojo Moyes isn't one for cliched happy endings I thought she fully delivered on this one.

On My Reading List :: The One Plus One, The Last Letter From Your Lover, The Ship of Brides and Honeymoon in Paris.

Have you read any of Jojo Moyes novels?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig