Thursday 7 January 2016

New Additions to the Beauty Shelf #3


My last update of pretty new thangs on my beauty shelf was way way back in April of 2015 which means this post is long overdue. Whoops! With the festive season just gone I received some lovely beauty bits and bobs from my sisters (they know me so well) and did a little splurge in MECCA when I visited Melbourne for the first time over the new year. Here’s what I’ve been loving lately:

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask :: A hydrating face mask that doesn’t look like you’re wearing anything on your face? Yes, please! I’ve been wanting to buy Origins products for ages and have been thoroughly impressed by my first purchase. This mask is perfect for lazy girls who can’t be bothered with the faff of waiting around to remove their skincare.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette :: Oh so shiny! I will admit I’m still mildly perplexed at how this palette works best but so far I've been using Incandescent Light (furthest left) to set my makeup and it does have a very 'lit from within' effect on the skin. Is it magic? I don't know but I do know it doesn't make my skin look cakey which is often what I get from using powders to set with.

NARS Isole Eyeshadow Duo :: I am all about coppery, goldy, orangey coloured things on my eyelids. Blue eyed girls need to pick this duo up because it will make your peepers pop. The quality of NARS eyeshadow is also amazing and I had a ‘this is what I’ve been missing out on’ moment the first time I used it.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfumes :: Mini perfumes are great because a) tiny things are cute b) trying out multiple perfumes at once is where it’s at and c) They are so convenient for travel and handbag usage. I've never tried any of the Daisy perfumes before but these three minis are all sweet and floral without being overpowering or too 'young' if you know what I mean. I still can't pick a favourite!

Antipodes Aura Hydrating Manuka Honey Mask :: I just really like face masks okay? I replaced my clay mask from Moorish Skincare with another tip top New Zealand brand Antipodes and I love this one. My skin is oily but needs hydration and I also love the fact that I don’t have to sit there with my face feeling like its cracking in a clay mask. Manuka honey has antibacterial affects which are great for spot prone skin too.

What lovely beauty things have you been using lately?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I used to swear buy Origins! I loved them for years, then I read a few reviews on the chemicals and effectiveness and switched to Kiehls. The Kiehls Overnight Hydrating mask replaced Drink Up! for me and I actually like it more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Kiehls! I was using their moisturiser and eye cream last year so I might have to give the overnight mask a try, they are just harder for me to get a hold of.

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig