Monday 12 October 2015

Unfinished Bookseries


I can be a bit slow to jump on the bandwagon of a bookseries. Most of the time I like to see if the hype is really worth it before delving into reading them as it's kind of a pet peeve of mine when series gets a bit stale part-way through. Here are the current series that I have unfinished business with and my thoughts so far on whether I will continue:

The Millennium Trilogy series :: I never had much time to make up my mind about whether I would continue to read this series (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) as not long after I heard a fourth book was being published I also heard that the reviews were pretty favourable. I have just finished reading The Girl In The Spider's Web and loved it so much that I really can't wait to continue reading more books! It's a shame I'll have such a long wait.

The Tea Rose :: This historical fiction trilogy is one I started a few years ago and I truly ADORE it. I have the final book in the series to go - there's the Tea Rose, the Wild Rose and the Winter Rose. What I love about this series is that although the books are related to one another and involve the same characters, each book has a focus on a different female lead. I think this is brilliant as the story's are diverse but I really enjoy reading about my favourite characters while getting to know ones who were more on the fringes of previous books. These books are a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster so I've given myself plenty of breathing space between reading books one, two and three. I'm itching to pick up the final book though!

Cormoran Strike series :: You probably know by now that these novels, written by JK Rowling under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith are one of my favourite crime novel series. I love that each book is a standalone novel in itself, yet each story builds on the character development and storyline of the past. With each book I feel like Galbraith finds her feet more and more in the crime genre and the relationship between Private Investigator Cormoran Strike and his assistant Robyn is one of my favourites since it's more mentor-based than romantic.

The Diviners series :: I was pretty much delighted to find out that The Diviners by Libba Bray was not a one-off book like I had originally thought and already has a sequel. It's one of the most entertaining Young Adult books I've ever read and surprisingly from a genre I never thought I would be interested in (paranormal). Lair of Dreams continues on the story of Evie O'Neill, a diviner who can "read" objects by touching them. I love the 1920s setting of New York city and the eccentric cast of characters in this series are what makes these books so great!

What book series have you still to finish?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig