Sunday 1 November 2015

Books On My Want To Read List #3


Originally I was planning on writing a TBR list of books I wanted to read by then of 2015, but when I started racking up double the amount of books than weeks left in the year it seemed more like a wishlist than what I would actually get through. Whether or not I can get through the nine books already on my bookshelf plus these by the end of the year remains to be seen, but here are some reads that I would love to get to by the end of 2015.

Jackaby by William Ritter :: This book pretty much combines all of my favourite things! Mystery, suspense, a historical setting and a detective of the paranormal (which prior to reading The Diviners this year I probably wouldn't have thought paranormal was my jam). Also that cover needs to get in my bookshelf.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater :: I first heard of this book from Peruse Project's magical books recommendation videos. I've really been enjoying reading magical fiction and this book's themes of death, love and magic seem like the perfect mix of drama and excitement.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz :: A funny and touching coming of age story about two teenage boys who begin an unlikely friendship with one another. I kind of love books like this whose small stories involve only a handful of people, but often these books have the biggest hearts.

The Beast's Garden by Kate Forsyth :: When I heard this book is basically a retelling of Beauty and the Beast my inner six year old gave a little squeal of delight. I know this isn't the first book to take inspiration from this story but it will be a first for me to read! The Beast's Garden's setting of Nazi Germany also adds an interesting historical fiction note to this fairytale retelling.

What books are on your want to read list for the rest of 2015?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig