Thursday 26 November 2015

The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson

The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson, 432 pages. Published April 9, 2015 by Penguin UK
Rating: ***

The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson is a chick-lit meets mystery novel that doesn't give much away about it's two female protagonists. Although overall I liked this book, it was kind of funny read as for me things didn't really pick up until the second half. I spent half of the book being vaguely interested and amused at Kate and Annie, two characters who are both harbouring secrets - Annie about her heartbreaking past and Kate who has run away to escape her problems.

Kate's country surroundings and Annie's city life were nicely offset by one-anothers stories but overall I found the characters all to be a little bit same-y and this was probably the main reason I didn't fall for this novel. Although this was an easy and enjoyable read there wasn't much that had me really hooked on the story to start off with but finally in the second half things shifted gear and I found I actually really wanted to discover Kate and Annie's secrets. I have to say I actually didn't pick the ending at all and it was a pleasant surprise to be blind-sided by what I thought might be a pretty average end to an enjoyable book.

If you're looking for a fun and easy holiday read you might enjoy picking this up but overall this book was simply okay.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig