Tuesday 17 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So


If you've read my blog for a while you will have maybe noticed I'm not usually one for meme's but, the Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday posts have really gotten me thinking. Today, I give you my top (almost ten, I think there's only eight) quotes from books I've read lately! I hope these give you a little insight into the feels of the books I've taken them from!

“You know your problem, Quentin? You keep expecting people not to be themselves. I mean, I could hate you for being massively unpunctual and for never being interested in anything other than Margo Roth Spiegelman, and for, like, never asking me about how it's going with my girlfriend - but I don't give a shit, man, because you're you.”
Paper Towns

“When I lost my sight, Werner, people said I was brave. When my father left, people said I was brave. But it is not bravery; I have no choice. I wake up and live my life. Don't you do the same?”
All the Light We Cannot See

“Well, I suppose one ought not to employ a magician and then complain that he does not behave like other people.”
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

“Ha, no, that it’s always the wrong people who have the guilty conscience. Those who are really responsible for suffering in the world couldn’t care less. It’s the ones fighting for good who are consumed by remorse.”
The Girl in the Spiders’ Web

“Let's not forget The Things They Do To Make Themselves Happy That Actually Make Them Miserable. This is an infinite list. It includes - shopping, watching TV, taking the better job, getting the bigger house, writing a semi-autobiographical novel, educating their young, making their skin look mildly less old and harboring a vague desire to believe there might be a meaning to it all.”
The Humans

“Your mother and I do not approve of drinking. Have you not heard of the Eighteenth Amendment?”

“Prohibition? I drink to its health whenever I can.”
The Diviners 

"When I hear women talking about how their wedding is going to be/was the best day of their life, I can't help but think, 'You just haven't taken enough MDMA in a field at 3am, love."

How to Be a Woman
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The quote from All The Light We Cannot See is so touching. That book has been on my to-read list for a while and I am now in the slowest reading phase :(

    I love this post, I have soft spot for quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful book, it was actually really hard to pick a quote as I loved pretty much the whole thing! Also, that photo does not do the book cover justice - it has a really pretty iridescent look to it. I bought a copy for my Dad and almost didnt want to give it away ;)

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig