Wednesday 17 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Songs I Wish Were Books


Todays Top Ten Tuesday is something a little bit different and is all about music! Often when I'm
listening to music I'm daydreaming about a scene in my head related to that song so I thought it would be fun to pick songs that would make a great book scene or spark an idea in my head for a book. Here goes:

I'm on Fire :: Bruce Springstein. Possibly my favourite Springstein song ever (it's a tough call) this song brings up images of unrequited love and two people who long to be together but can't.

Pieces by Chase and Status :: Im kind of a big fan of 90s club movies (think Human Traffic, 24 Hour Party People) so wouldn't it be epic to have a book that hails the club culture I was actually old enough to enjoy. Drum and bass was pretty much my jam about 2010 and I still love this song for bringing back memories of going out and listening to great music.

Santeria by Sublime :: I actually really enjoy sports related movies if they have good female characters in them and anything by Sublime makes me think of roadtrips and surfing and any book that wants to conjure up those images together is fine by me.

Punching in a Dream by Naked and Famous :: I love this song because it always makes me think of being young and doing stupid shit and I think more books should kind of celebrate being at a stage in your life when this is possible.

Burn by Ellie Goulding :: This song always makes me think of someone overcoming an epic battle, more in the emotional sense than anything else. It's uplifing and empowering and some type of badass chick should probably be involved in it coming to life.

Hold me Down by Halsey :: Any Halsey song would be a fantastic book idea I feel but something about this song reminds me of a character like Lisbeth Salander from Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love Burn by Ellie Goulding! You're right, it would make a great book about someone overcoming something epic and trying.
    Thanks for sharing and for giving me some song to check out :)
    My musical Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! If you like electro pop music like Ellie Goulding you might like the Naked and Famous they have a similar vibe :)

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing Burn a lot today - will have to check it out! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be a lot of Ellie Goulding fans around! Her whole Haylcon album is really good :)

      Delete
  3. I love the song Santeria! I'm glad to see it on your list. Also, that's so cool that you're reading Attachments! I've been wanting to pick up that book for a while.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that whole Sublime album, I should really listen to it more! Attachments is so cute, I just finished reading it the other day and it's really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you 100% about Halsey! Great picks!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig