Tuesday 23 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Unexpectedly Enjoyed in 2015


Today's Top Ten Tuesday with The Broke and The Bookish is all about books that took me by surprise in 2015. Last year I really tried to read outside of my comfort zone more and there were a few titles which I didn't expect to like but really did.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor :: A blue haired girl, covered in tattoos who travels the world collecting teeth (when she's not an art student) was not a story I thought I'd be into. Well, I was definitely wrong.

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinseller :: I've never read Sophie Kinseller and I don't read a lot of YA but I really really enjoyed this book and everything about it.

The Diviners by Libba Bray :: Anytime I can bring up this book in conversation you know I'm going to. Reading paranormal Young Adult fiction was not something that I thought I would ever enjoy but this book is amazing and I'm so glad I picked it up.

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell by Susanna Clarke :: The main reason I didn't think I would enjoy this book is that it is epically long and I didn't think I actually had the dedication to read a 1000 page book. I was pleasantly surprised and although it did take some commitment to pick it up every night am quite glad I finished reading.

You by Caroline Kepnes :: The fact that I enjoyed this book so much is the unexpected part. It's creepy, like really creepy which kind of worries me that I was so enjoying reading it.

What books did you unexpectedly enjoy reading last year?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. A few actually!

    A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute - quite a lot of Australian classic fiction can be rather dreary and boring, but this one was lovely and full of quirk.

    Horns by Joe Hill - I definitely do not watch or read horror - but this one was creepy/yet interesting and I'm glad I read it (based on a friend's recommendation).

    Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen - basically I'm not a fan of the tale of Peter Pan. But it was interesting to see how much I enjoyed a romantic adventure starring Captain Hook!

    ...

    Sidenote: I've been meaning to read The Diviners but at the same time forgetting - basically I've ordered a copy from the library based on this post. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I mention The Diviners all the time - probably because I do, but I love it! Those books sound really interesting, I have heard of A Town Like Alice, I like quirky reads!

      Delete
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favorites! I still haven't finished the final book because I just don't want it to end...

    I'm really looking forward to Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - and the adaptation! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig