Tuesday 8 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite New-To-Me Authors in 2015


It's Top Ten Tuesday time again with The Broke and the Bookish! This post I was really excited to put together as this year I've discovered so many new-to-me authors that make me want to tell everyone! Let the countdown begin:

Liane Moriarty :: Having read What Alice Forgot, The Husbands' Secret and Big Little Lies all this year, Liane Moriarty is my most-read new author by far. I just love her easy way of writing but also that her books often tackle bigger issues surrounding parenting and marriage that don't get too serious.

Jojo Moyes :: The Girl You Left Behind and Me Before You are such beautiful books that I can't wait to read more from this author.

John Green :: So, I was a little late to the John Green party, only just reading Paper Towns a few months ago but John Green's writing is so great and he really is the best as coining great metaphors.

Sophie Kinsellar :: Reading Finding Audrey has made me want to read more from Sophie Kinsellar as I actually thought that this book was both hilarious and quite touching too.

Laini Taylor :: Daughter of Smoke and Bone is everything.

Anthony Doerr :: I can't get over how beautiful Anothony Doerr's writing is. It's pure craft and reading All the Light We Cannot See had me mesmerized at the power and beauty of his words.

Ben Elton :: I love discovering authors who can write successfully in different genres. I loved reading Ben Elton's Time And Time Again for the mix of action and historical elements but Chart Throb was equally entertaining for it's satirical humour.

Eliza Gordon ::  Because Must Love Otters was about the cutest book I read this year and sometimes that's all I feel like.

Rainbow Rowell :: I can't believe I only discovered Rainbow Rowell this year but I've already got Fan Girl on my bookcase and Attachments and Eleanor and Park are on my must read list. So. Much. Love.

Libba Bray :: Finally I think I can say that Libba Bray gets a virtual fist pump from me for being my favourite self discovery this year. The Diviners was AMAZING and I need to just hurry up and get going with Lair of Dreams because this book has made my year.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I agree with the comment sometimes all you feel like is a cute book. I read a lot of horror, paranormal and fantasy and sometimes, I just want something light too. I have a copy of Must Love Otters on my Kindle so now I am glad I picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I read a lot of crime fiction and serious stuff in general so it's nice to have a cute fun story. I did a book review on it which ill link up later if I've time, it's just a lovely and funny book so I hope you find time to give it a read :)

      Delete
  2. So many of these are my TBR list - they all look great! My TTT

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig