Sunday 20 December 2015

The Christmas Tag


The tree is up, the Buble is on and almost all of my Christmas shopping is done and yet can you believe that we are half way through December and I haven't yet mentioned the word Christmas in a post on this blog yet? In a bid to bring some festive cheer to these parts I give you the Christmas tag (Michael Buble songs optional while reading this post).

What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Festiveness in general is what I love about Christmas to the point that most of the time I enjoy the lead up to Christmas almost more than the day itself. I love putting up the tree and decorating it. I love playing the Buble in the office when its quiet, Christmas films and snacks, oh the snacks!

What is your favourite Christmas film?
I would probably choose to watch Love Actually over anything else if I could only pick one. I love that it has lots of little story lines and Bill Nighy is hilarious. I also love watching Christmas specials like Father Ted and the Vicar of Dibly which are always on at Christmas.

Real or fake tree?
I like the idea of a real tree and for my whole childhood we always always had a real tree. However living in Australia now I don't think a real tree would survive and I dont like the idea of bringing whatever spiders are living them into my house (okay I dont think that Huntsman or Redbacks live in Christmas trees but whatever!)

Giving presents or receiving them?
Both, I will never pass up the opportunity to get a present lets be honest. But, the older I get the more I dislike this idea of like going crazy with consumerism at Christmas. I love giving and receiving presents that are thoughtful and will be used or utilised in some way as opposed to just giving gifts for the sake of it.

Do you open presents on Christmas morning or evening?
Morning, there is no way that I can wait till evening! We are actually having an early present opening this year as i'll be travelling on Chrismas Eve so we will celebrate before hand too.

What tops your tree?
We actually don't have a tree topper this year so there is just a silver bauble near the top. I might buy one if I see a pretty star or angel in the shops.

As a child what was the one thing you always asked for but never received?
I actually can't remember asking or being disappointed at Christmas ever but I do remember one year my Dad doing the Christmas shopping and well lets just say it was interesting. But hey the man only has daughters so it can't have been easy. One of my sisters now gives him suggestions.

Handmade Christmas cards or bought?
If I do them at all they are usually bought!

What is your favourite Christmas food?
My mums Christmas cake is so delicious. I usually hate Christmas cake but this one is a delicious fruit cake and she usually makes it with whisky icing which is amazing! I am also a fan of shortbread biscuits and any type of Christmas dessert.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Before I moved to Australia I loved going to the NZ Ballet every year before Christmas as they do a Christmas performance that is always amazing (this year it's A Christmas Carole) and as soon as we move home I'll be doing that again! This year me and my boyfriend bought ourselves a shared present of an experience rather than buying gifts for each other and I think it's a great idea to continue this as a tradition.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig