Tuesday 15 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I Read in 2015


It's now that time of year to start pulling out the big guns and whittling down our best of lists to just ten great reads for The Broke and The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday. From now till the end of the year I will live in fear of reading a fantastic book that I can no longer add to my best of 2015 list. Without further ado here are my favourite books I read in 2015, of which there are actually only 8 'cos I wanted to keep it to the best of the best:

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr :: Everything about this book is so beautiful from it's iridescent cover to the fantastic prose inside I felt a little pang of sadness at having to finish this novel and I highly recommend.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor :: I was really not expecting to enjoy this book that much considering how often Im like 'fantasy isn't really my jam.' Well how times have changed, since like a month ago, I feel like this book has given me a whole new perspective on both YA and fantasy genres.

The Diviners by Libba Bray :: Okay I really didn't want to rank these books in any particular order since my love for them is all fairly similar but The Diviners is my clear winner for the BEST book I read in 2015. I just freaking loved every minute of it, from its wonderfully lovable characters to the exciting plot and historically awesome time period (1920s New York sounds like a fabulous idea). Even just thinking about this book makes me want to give it a little hug in appreciation. Weird I know.

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes :: Ahhh this book made my cry so bad. I loved how touching this book was and Jojo Moyes does a fantastic job of creating a wonderful story that feels so authentic. After falling for You Before Me, I am so pleased that I loved this book just as much.

You by Caroline Kepnes :: This book came out of no-where for me. I've never read anything like it and was suprisingly enjoying spending time with the main character Joe who it turns out is a major psychopath. Although this made me question my own sanity I thoroughly recommend for a different take on the thriller genre.

The Collected Works of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zavin :: I love books, as you all know but I also love books that talk about loving books and this one in particular really warmed my heart. AJ is a grumpy bookstore owner who has taken to drinking a lot since his wife died and I just loved this story of how his plans to ruin his own life is interrupted by an unexpected parcel on his doorstep.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell :: I think the main love for this book stems not only from Rainbow's writing (and also that name, I can't get over it!) but this is possibly the first book I've ever read that actually represents a couple going through some REAL SHIT people. I loved that this was a romantic story about two people figuring out their love for one another and choosing to be together without any of the usual fate/lightening bolt/surge of electricity bullshit that is often in romantic novels (and which sometimes I do like but ya know, just not in every novel please).

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins :: This book was kinda perfect reading for me. A twisty thriller that had me hooked from start to finish and an easy non-demanding writing style made it a really quick read.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I so wanted to get to All the Lights We Cannot See this year but I just didn't end up being able to. I feel like I have said that lots this week, so many books so little time. Great list, happy readings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the wait, I hope you find time for it next year. I'm the same though I had so many more books I wanted to get through this year but oh well :)

      Delete
  2. Nice list of books!!

    Here's a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read All the Light We Cannot See, it is on so many lists!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome choices! I have only read one of those (The Diviners) but the rest are all on my TBR! I can't wait to get to them. Glad to hear that you liked them! :D

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig