Sunday 13 December 2015

The Bedside Table Stack #13


Today I'm bringing you a fairly gloomy looking beside table stack filled with dark emotional covers that are actually in stark contrast to the way I feel about these books. I've actually read all but Viper Wine so far, so book reviews will be coming up soon but just know that my last few book selections have been good, real good!

Viper Wine by Hermione Eyre :: Im so excited to finally get around to reading this book after seeing its snazzy cover months ago. Currently I have made it thirty pages in and honestly I can't really gather my thoughts thus far except for the fact that this book is written in a way that gives a nod to an old fashioned writing style which usually isn't my favourite to read even though I love historical fiction books. Hopefully things pick up soon!

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins :: This book is sooo good and definitely lived up to the expectations. Although similar in some ways to Gone Girl I did think the writing was a lot more simplistic and didn't really have the character depth to compete but regardless this is a really great read.

Perfume, the Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind :: Well this was a very unexpected read and one that I didn't expect to be quite so macabre or quite so funny. It's books like this that make me question the appropriateness of my sense of humour as I often found myself laughing and then reprimanding myself for doing so.

Full reviews will be up soon of these but in the meantime, let me know what you've been enjoying reading recently.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig