Sunday 21 December 2014

The Book Blogger TMI Tag


I've never done a book blogger tag before but they seem really fun to join in on so here we go. I've edited it to only include the most book-related questions as the whole thing was quite long! If you're reading and want to join in make sure to let me know in the comments or tweet me so I can see your tag.

How old are you?
Ugh, really? Maybe this isn't that fun after all. Jokes, I'm 26.

What book are you reading?
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I can only read one book at a time otherwise the story lines get confused in my memory and I start combining events from one into the other.

What are you wearing?
Denim shorts, a grey tee and a navy cardigan. This is an oddly pervy question but I guess it's a TMI tag so I should just be happy I'm actually wearing clothes.

OTP?
In New Zealand (where I'm from) this is shorthand for 'on the piss' meaning to get drunk (because we're classy like that). I'm pretty sure this isn't what is implied here but I'm going to say no as it's only 3pm on a Monday afternoon as I'm writing this.

Blogger or Wordpress?
Blogger, I definitely don't have the technical knowledge for Wordpress and I don't have too many complaints about Blogger so far.

Going outside and being active or reading inside?
I like reading both outside and inside, or being active outside if it's fun and not a torturous activity. At the moment I'm sitting outside in the shade with my legs in the sun and my toes are getting a teensy bit burnt.

What is the last book you read?
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry which I didn't actually enjoy that much.

What is the book you are going to read next?
Oooh it's a tough one because I've just bought Landline by Rainbow Rowell and Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes, but I might read What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty as she is a new-to-me author that I'm keen to check out.

ebooks yes or no?
I would say no but then I'm always the sucker at the airport stuffing my heavy book into my handbag while my boyfriend has half a dozen reads on his Kindle. They both have a time and place.

Where do you prefer to read?
On my bed as it has a pretty view of our mulberry tree outside or just outside if it's sunny.

Whos blog did you last look at?
Ummm...I spent a lot of time reading my Bloglovin' feed this morning so it was probably a beauty blog but I can't remember!

Who is your favourite blogger?
I'm massively into beauty blogs at the moment and it would have to be a toss up between Alix from I Covet Thee and Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup. I love Alix's tutorials and Anna is pretty much just the queen of blogging, her voice is so unique and funny it always puts a smile on my face and I love that they both make the world of makeup so accessible.

Who is your favourite booktuber?
Books and Quills. I love her short and snappy way of reviewing books.

What do you say when someone says that reading is boring?
Has anyone actually ever said that?

Who is your favourite author?
All-time favourite would have to be Cormac McCarthy because his books are so beautifully written, bleak and yet always have that shimmer of hope which usually gets dashed when he kills off my favourite character.

What's your favourite book to movie adaptation?
This is a hard one but two books that I love the movies to just as much would have to be One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and High Fidelity. Oh and Bridget Jones. There's three.

How many bookshelves/bookcases do you have?
None *hangs head in shame*. Mainly because I moved countries so I have a lot of books in storage and then the books I do own are all stored in a banana box waiting for me to buy a bookshelf. We've moved that many times that I hate having too many 'things' but I do like my books to be on display and feel kinda bad for them.

What is the last song you listened to?
No idea! It might have been by Angus and Julia Stone.

Positive or Negative reviews?
I prefer a well-thought out review rather than any particular kind. If people can justify why they like or hate a book then I think that's good enough for me and honesty is key.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh, you have mulberry tree? That's fantastic! Oh, I have no complain with Blogger as well, can't be bothered for another learning curve, eventhough looks like everyone and their mothers are moving to Wordpress nowadays lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love our Mulberry tree it fruits like crazy! Yeah I've used Wordpress before in my job and it is great but not something I can operate the front end of without a web designer so I think ill stick with Blogger, they can look just as good in my opinion.

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig