Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Most Memorable Titles of 2014


With the new year right around the corner I always find it fun to take a look back on the year that was and have a little reminisce. So it's time to get comfy and take a trip down 2014 memory lane to explore the most memorable books of the year (or as I remember it anyway). These titles might not have been the biggest selling but have all made their mark in my mind for some reason or another during 2014.

The Goldfinch by Donna Tart. Fans of Donna Tart rejoiced as The Goldfinch was released in 2013, but it was winning a Pulitzer Prize that brought it to the attention of the masses this year. A whopping 800 plus page tome about a stolen painting and one man's descent into the murky underworld of art dealing. I really liked this book but struggled with the pace at around 600 pages in (you've come this far, don't give up now!!) a beautifully written narrative that certainly makes me want to read more from this author.

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Any book that takes ten years to write probably deserves a round of applause, and a strong drink at that. Doerr's work obviously has paid off as his novel has been hailed as a 'masterpiece'.

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. It seems like Youtubers and book deals were pretty dominant in 2014 and no more so than Zoella. Her debut book became the fastest selling title for 2014. This YA fiction mixes Youtube life with a cute love story that takes place in New York city.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Published in 2012, John Green's novel hit the big time this year as it's movie version hit the big screen. What do you even say about one of the biggest Young Adult fiction novels that spawned its own movie and made people the world over sob at two teenagers sad romance? Well played John Green, well played.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell. The people's choice award winner in Goodreads survey certainly deserves a special mention (particularly because I bought it and am super excited to read it).

What titles have grabbed your attention in 2014?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I think the books you picked as being memorable are right on the money, I've heard so much about all of these titles. I read The Fault in our Stars in 2013 and last year (it sounds so weird wording 2014 as last year right now) I read Landline, which I adored! It was my first reading experience with Rainbow Rowell's writing and I think I may just have found another favourite author to devour the backlog of!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read Landline, I've heard so many good things about it and Rainbow Rowell in general I should just thrown my current read away and start on it :)

      Delete
  2. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Every Year Publishes Textbooks for Class 6th Students, KVS Class 6 Textbooks 2021 are well known for it’s updated and Thoroughly revised Syllabus. KVS 2nd Class Revised Syllabus The KVS Books are based on the Latest Exam Pattern and Syllabus.Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Provides, the Class 6 Text books in both the offline and Online Pdf format at official website.

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig