Tuesday 16 December 2014

The Bedside Table Stack #3


I'm getting pretty good at making these Bedside Table stacks into a bi-monthly habit. This months roundup of books come from an often-read author and two newbys who I am excited to try out.

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Jodi Picoult's novels are known for being utterly absorbing and I think Nineteen Minutes will be no exception. I am already hooked on this story despite being only about 50 pages in. This novel focuses on the aftermath of a horrific high school shooting, the relationships around the shooter and his victims and the themes of justice, power and what it means to be different. I can't wait to review this as I think it's going to be a really thought-provoking and powerful read.

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Liane Moriarty is an Australian author who I have only just discovered for myself. Alice awakes to discover she has had an accident in the gym and her most recent memories are from a life long ago. Her thoughts immediately turn to her unborn baby and her husband - except that Alice is no longer pregnant and her husband is actually divorcing her. The life she remembers happened ten years ago. As memories of her past drift back into Alice's consciousness she is forced to deal with some uncomfortable truths.

Temple by Matthew Riley. I haven't read any of Matthew Riley's books despite seeing them around all of the time so this one is really intriguing to me and was recommended by a friend of mine, as it is a stand alone novel rather than one of Riley's series. Temple sounds a bit like an adventurous Dan Brown novel crossed with Indiana Jones. Set in the Peruvian jungle, Professor William Race is guiding the US Army in finding a legendary Incan idol.

Have you read any of these books? I'd love to know what's on your reading list at the moment.

x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig