Sunday 7 December 2014

The Best Books of 2014?


Goodreads have released the results of their fan-voted survey to find the top books of each genre for 2014. I do love a good book list and there are lots of books still on my want to read list that were voted top of their genre. I love seeing what other reads top peoples 'best of' list as it always leaves me with a list as long as my arm of titles to check out. What did you think of the results?

Best Fiction - Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Well this makes me very happy indeed as this may have made its way into my shopping basket last week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that this has nabbed the top spot!

Best Business Book - #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso. You can read my review of this book here but *spoiler* its pretty kick arse. It's great to read a business book written by a young successful woman (and one who didn't take a very traditional path to success) offering practical and brutally honest advice.

Best Historical Fiction - All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. This has been on my want to read list since I started my blog (and was mentioned in my very first post which you can peruse here). It took ten years for Doerr to craft this novel, so it was obviously worth the wait!

Best Humour - Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I'm not usually a big fan autobiography or celebrity written books but there have been quite a few funny ladies releasing books lately and Poehler is up there with the best of them. I adore her sense of humour (loved her in Baby Mama and in Parks and Recreation) so this book is definitely one I'm going to check out.

Best History & Biography - The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport. A few years ago I read The Mitford Girls, a biography on the five Mitford daughters and it was such a fascinating read. Having always had a love of history and historical novels this book certainly has me intrigued. The daughters of Tsar Nicholas and Alexandra were the most photographed of their time and were at the inner circle of a fascinating period of history.

You can see the full list of best books here. What has been your top book of 2014?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig