Wednesday 29 July 2015

The Bedside Table Stack #9

I have a very blue lineup of books on my bedside table at the minute and all of them have a slightly dramatic air to their front covers as well as their subject matter. Here's a look at the books I'll be reading and reviewing over the coming month:

The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin. This is probably a little bit more romantic of a read than I tend to enjoy usually but as I'm a big fan of historical fiction I thought I would give it a shot. This follows the story of Sisi the Empress of Austria, who is the envy of every woman at Court but deeply unhappy married to her dutiful husband Franz Joseph.

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I had this as part of one of my bedside table stacks just before Christmas last year but instead of reading it myself I decided it would make a great gift for my Dad so I opted to pick a copy up from the library instead. I had sneakily planned on reading it after giving it to him but never got the chance to anyways. I think if I love this book I might just buy a copy as the cover is the most beautiful thing in real life. Unfortunately mine has a horrible plastic cover to protect it so you can't see how pretty it looks in the photograph above.

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I have read two of Liane Moriarty's books over the past six months so when a friend gave me this to read I wasn't expecting it to be greatly different from her other stories. It's not, but the story has still drawn me in and I'm quite looking forward to hopefully finishing it this weekend.

All the Little Pieces by Jilliane Hoffman. I was very kindly sent this book to review by the lovely peeps at Harper Collins Australia, and since thrillers and crime novels are kinda my jam at the moment I'm really looking forward to it. When multiple women start to disappear from Palm Beach County, Detective Bryan Nill might have a serial killer on his hands. But with no witnesses to any crimes he's got nothing to go on.

What are you reading this month?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig