Sunday 26 July 2015

Skincare Review: Manuka Doctor Brightening Oil and Skin Serum


I’ve been really enjoying introducing natural skincare into my regime more. It gives me the warm fuzzies to find brands that are both nasties free and more importantly actually work! While I’m not completely onboard the chemical free waggon for everything I am firmly in the ‘I’ll take my bets with the natural stuff where I can get it’ camp, a camp which clearly needs a far catchier title. On the lookout for a few serums and oils to add to the my regime I stumbled upon the brand Manuka Doctor in my local pharmacy.

I knew their Brightening Oil was a bit of a cult product thanks to beauty journalist Sali Hughes mentioning it as a holy grail product, but what really makes me double happy is this is also a New Zealand brand so my bathroom cabinets are supporting a whole lot of local goodness (my cleansing products are also by a Kiwi brand Moreish who are organic and just all together rather lovely). After grabbing the Brightening Oil to try I also spent approximately a good few minutes reading every package on the shelves and seeing what other skin woes I could fix. As an oily skinned gal anything that speaks to hiding my scarring or reducing pesky breakouts is pretty high on my priority list so a skin serum aimed at just doing just that was also whisked into my basket.

Let’s talk about the oil first as I don’t want to alarm you but if you’re looking for a natural ingredient-laden brightening oil then run don’t walk to pick this stuff up. Sometimes I worry when using more chemical products that there might be something nasty in there bleaching my skin to give it a glowing effect so the fact that this stuff is made with the help of our furry bee friends had me happy with the overnight result rather than alarmed. The first time I used it I woke the next morning to a visibly (to me) brighter face - something I could compare to the effects I’d last seen by using the Indeed Labs Pepta Bright which is also awesome.

Although the Manuka Doctor Brightening Oil says to use morning and night I don’t like adding extra oil to my face in the morning as it’s a bit too much for my skin but even using just in the evenings my skin has retained a certain glow that wasn’t there before.

The Manuka Doctor ApiClear Skin Serum has also been quite a hit. It is a little tacky on the skin after I apply it but is nothing that my moisturiser doesn’t fix. Similarly the results have been pretty awesome and I’ve noticed how much quicker some of my scarring around my chin has cleared up in weeks rather than months.

Now I should point out that since these products contain bee venom they are neither vegan friendly nor appropriate for anyone who has allergies to bee stings. If though, you’re completely down with our furry kneed friends and are looking for something a bit more natural to slather on your skin morning and night then it might be time to give Manuka Doctor a go.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig