Thursday 4 June 2015

Looking For Inspiration


When it comes to looking for new books to read I have a variety of places I like to look in the hope something shiny and exciting will jump out at me. From book blogs, magazine book reviews and simply scrolling through Goodreads and online sites like The Book Depository, I'll take 'em all. But you want to know my number one place to look for inspiration from? Top 100 book lists! I love a good list and there's nothing better to me than finding out what makes other people's must reads lists. I'm not ashamed to admit I have a pretty generic or 'popular' taste in reading material (so if you like your books a little more obscure it might not be the best place to take inspiration from) and I also love knowing how many of the most popular books I've read are - #nerdalert.

The Whitcoulls Top 100 book list is one I've looked at year after year (even now I'm living in a country without a Whitcoulls store but I still like to take a nosy at what titles are making the top of the list.) The Book Depository also has a great list of top 100 titles that might take your fancy too!
I'd love to know what your favourite places to seek out new books are from? Let me know if you find any inspiring reads from Top 100 lists!

The Book Depository - 100 Best Books Ever List
Whitcoulls - Top 100
The BBC Book List Challenge
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is a great discussion point. I believe that looking at such lists you can get the inspiration needed. I also take a look at http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/overview.html Ney York Times bestseller list.

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll have to take a look at the NY Time bestseller list, thanks for leaving the link :)

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig