Monday 15 June 2015

My Favourite Pairings in Literature


You and me are more than friends ~ we're like a really small gang.

I have this quote pinned on one of my Pinterest board's because that's how I feel about some of my closest friends to be around! It got me thinking though, who are your favourite literary pairings that are more mishcievious trouble than romantic pairings?

My favourite would have to be Pooh Bear and Piglet. I'm talking old school Winnie the Pooh by A.A.Milne here, with handrawn illustrations. This is one of my favourite childhood books but the friendship between these two never ceases to make my heart want to burst with love for both of them. Poor Pooh Bear always getting into trouble due to his love for a bite of sweet honey, he would be nothing without the green-jumpered (yes, remember pre-Diney Piglet's cute green jumper?!) friend. And Piglet could always draw strength from his friendship with Pooh, inspiring him to be braver than he ever felt.

For downright mischievousness I would have to pick Fred and George Weasley. Throughout Harry Potter they brought all of the laughs and never ceased to be causing trouble. What made it even better was their spectacular expulsion from Hogwarts and the fact that they only went on to bigger and better (and more explosive) things.

I would also have to include Kitty and Lydia Bennett from Pride and Prejudice in this group, if only for the fact that Miss Austen proves that some girls have been boy crazy for centuries. Kitty is one of my favourite characters from P&P and I really think she wouldn't be out of place in a modern day chick-lit novel as the funny best friend character. Meanwhile Lydia does what any good sister (or member of a really small gang) would do and keeps Kitty's elopement a secret.

Who are your favourite mischievous twosomes?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Totally agree with your comments regarding Piglet and Pooh.

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig