Sunday 19 April 2015

New Additions To The Beauty Shelf #2

I've been adding to my beauty draw lately as the weather has made the first signs of autumn appear. Enter darker lipsticks and smokey eye colours in abundance. Take a look at my new additions here:

MAC Eyeshadows in Antiqued and Cranberry. I made a wee duty free purchase on the way back through Auckland Airport in February and these two bad boys came home with me. I love the look of a daytime appropriate smokey eye which is where these shades of bronze and berry are perfect. If you have light coloured eyes they really make the colour pop, which is so pretty!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I've been using the Bioderma Micellar Water for a few months now which is brilliant but really pricey. At first I thought nothing would be able to compare to its one-swipe makeup remover qualities, but you know what? This Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is totally on par and only about half the price. Plus I can pick it up from the supermarket which makes it completely hassle free!

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Moisturiser. I've really gone back to basics with my skincare choosing either organic brands or skincare designed for sensitivity. I'm still using and loving the Moreish range for cleansing and masks/exfoliating but didn't want to pay $30 for a day moisturiser. I love I can pick up this Simple moisturiser for around ten dollars at the pharmacy or supermarket. It's super light weight and most of all sits well under my foundation.

Models Prefer Blusher. These baked blushers reminded me of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers, or that's the main reason I picked them up! For a fraction of the price they have the same beautiful marbled effect. I love baked blushers at the moment and chose the 'Autumn' shade and have added 'Winter' a light pink hue onto my wishlist.

MaxFactor Lipstick in Scarlet Ghost and Maybelline New York Lipstick in Bold Matte. The first lipstick being a pretty purple-ish berry shade is not too dark for my liking, while the bold matte is a tomato-red that withstood a night of drinking to completely stay put on my lips - just what I'm looking for in a red lip.

Bourjois Smokey Stories Quad. I have quite a few bronze and copper eye shades (see above for new additions) and love the thought of a grey/silver smokey eye. I just need to know how to perfect it...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig