Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Non-Fiction Bookshelf


Reading #Girlboss last year was probably one of my first forays into reading a non-fiction book (if you don't count ones I was forced to read at School or when I was studying) and has actually made me a little more interested in reading more from this extremely vast category. Here are three books that have piqued my interest into reading more non-fiction:

I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson. I'm quite intrigued about the concept of quitting sugar for good as in theory it sounds fabulous. In reality I like my coffee with a good sprinkle of the white stuff and there are always a few treats to be had in the form of biscuits or chocolates in my house. But the reality is that the more I learn about sugar the less I like the sound of it in my diet. Maybe this book will give me the kick I need to be a little bit healthier?

Stuffocation: Living More With Less by James Wallman. Even though I know stuff doesn't make a person happy it's still a hard habit to break out of not wanting more of things I don't necessarily need. This book takes a look at the psychology behind owning too many unneeded things and how it is actually making us unhappy.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I watched a TED talk by Susan on the same subject and it really resonated with me. As an introvert, although one who does like a variety of extroverted qualities such as parties and teamwork, I've always felt like it's not considered okay to be a quiet person. Our world places so much value on being loud and extroverted (which is needed) but sometimes to the detriment of those of us who aren't like that. I'm really intrigued to read her take on why we should value introversion just as much.

Do you have any non-fiction titles on your want to read list?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. West Bengal Class 10th Time Table 2021(Madhyamik) is made available by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE), The timetable has been released by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Examination (Madhyamik Pariksha) for the year 2021 for WBBSE Question Paper 2021 WBBSE 10th Model Paper 2021 is released by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education in the pdf form. Students should download the WB Bengal Madhyamik Questions paper 2021 and practice it.

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig