Sunday 18 January 2015

The Bedside Table Stack #4


I'm pretty excited about some of the books that are cluttering up my bedside table at the moment as two of them have been on my must-read list for ages. Take a look at my rather diverse range of books that will be appearing in review form over the next month or two:

Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Georgie McCool is supposed to be visiting her husband's family for Christmas in Omaha but when her job as a TV writer forces her to stay in LA to work, her husband unexpectedly packs up the kids and heads home without her. Georgie wonders if she has strained their relationship for good but she might just have one last shot at patching things up.

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I mentioned in my very first post on this blog that this book was on my reading list and can I just say how pretty is that book cover? Anyway, Doerr took ten years to craft the story of two children, one French one German whose lives cross in German occupied France.

The Collected Works of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. This is the type of book that people who love books will love. Amelia is a book rep who visits AJ Fikry's Alice Island book store on a seasonal basis. A baby called Maya is left abandoned on AJ's bookstore floor and he has no clue as to what to do with it.

Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes. If like me you have often found beauty books to be entirely useless then perhaps you might want to pick up this book. It's filled with words, lots and lots of them! and with Sali's background in journalism she knows what she is talking about.

Dark Aemilia by Sally O'Reilly. Also a book I picked out in my very first post, Dark Aemilia mixes magical realism with historical fiction (my two favourite genres) richly imagining Shakespear's muse and lover the poet Aemilia Lanyer.

Have you read any of these titles?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig