Thursday 13 November 2014

The Bedside Table Stack #2


In my last 'Bedside Table Stack' post I said that I rarely have a collection of books waiting to go but apparently I've gone and done it again. Currently my bedside table hoarding of books, looks a little something like this;

#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso. I loved this book, it took all of about two days to read but is stuffed with all the stuff you want to know and none of the crap you don't. I will have a proper review of this up next week I think but Sophie Amoruso's story is nothing if not inspiring, and proof that hard work and a good idea is all it takes to succeed.

The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer. I'm not entirely sure why I picked this up as from the outset the story sounds a tad morose but I do like to mix things up a little. The Shock of the Fall introduces us to Matthew, who is mentally ill. Matthew recalls the death of his brother Simon, a death he thinks he is responsible for and struggles to come to terms with.

Longbourn by Jo Baker. A retelling of Pride of Prejudice from the servant's perspective. This is a really intriguing book to me, it has had a few positive reviews so I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about. Usually I'm not down for 'Pride and Prejudice' reimaginings as they can sometimes read a little, well I'm not sure if desperate is the right word? But imagining the stark contrast of life below stairs is an altogether different take.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. This was on the bestseller list about a year ago and my mum mentioned it as a cute read the other day so I thought I would pick it up. Harold Fry lives a very routine life until one day he receives a letter from a dear friend of his who is in the hospice. On writing his reply to his friend Harold starts his urgent journey to deliver his letter in person some six hundred kilometres away on foot.

So there you go! Hopefully there will be full book reviews coming up around these parts over the next few months. I'd love to know, what are you reading at the moment?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig