Tuesday 11 November 2014

Have You Read These Authors?


I'm always on the lookout for new authors to explore. There's nothing better than discovering a great book and knowing there is plenty more on offer from the author who wrote it. Here are some authors new to me who I am excited about getting into over the next few months and hope their offerings are as good as they sound!

John Green
I don't read a lot of Young Adult fiction, mainly because im in my mid twenties so just never really think to explore it much but this genre has just exploded in recent years with top-quality writing. The Fault in Our Stars is an obvious one to have on my must-read list but I'm also looking forward to reading Looking for Alaska.

Rainbow Rowell
First of all with a name like Rainbow Rowell it kind of makes me happy just thinking that someone with that moniker is writing books. Fangirl has been on my to-read list for yonks, but an author that also dabbles in books for adults as well as YA really intrigues me. Landline, Attachments and Eleanor and Park all appeal.

Jonas Jonasson
Jonas' quirky story lines and standout titles have become a hit in his native Sweden and I do love an unusual storyline. The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared and The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden are titles to check out.

Liane Moriarty
Liane Moriarty's latest book Big Little Lies is something I have been wanting to read for a while but added to that is her books The Husband's Secret and What Alice Forgot are family-drama type books that sound really engaging and thought provoking.

If you have any recommendations of authors who have a few great titles to check out I'd love to know!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have read TFIOS, it's a nice read and it doesn't have a love triangle in it, that alone is a plus from me lol.

    Jonasson's The Hundred Year Old Man cracked me up. It's not a humor book to begin with, if fact it has a very serious theme behind it, but Jonasson's sense of humor makes the book easier to digest. I'm going to read The Girl who Saved The King of Sweden soon.

    I don't really read YA, too. I even read adult books during my teenage years. Having said that, I love children and middle grade books. Weird but true :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the fact that i've read adult books since i was younger has something to do with it. YA has come along way though!

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig