Monday 7 September 2015

September New Release Faves


September is delivering some of the most waited for books of the year. Take a look at what I'm looking forward to dropping this month.

Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Rutter. Why I've still not managed to pick up the first book in this series is completely beyond me and I better get a move on before I've got even more catching up to do. Set in 1892 private detective Jackaby returns to investigate the supernatural, this time as an unidentified beast starts attacking innocent people.

Menagerie by Rachel Vincent. Metzger's Menagerie travelling carnival is full of wondrous and grotesque creatures on exhibition for the world to marvel over. When Delilah Marlow visits she discovers a creature within herself and is captured to perform night after night in towns across the country.

After You (Me Before You #2) by Jojo Moyes. Lou returns in this sequel to the wonderful novel Me Before You and I for one cannot wait to read this follow up novel but is there life after Will Traynor for Lou?

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium #4) by David Lagercrantz, Stieg Larsson. Is it just me or is September the month of hotly anticipated sequels. I've actually already bought a copy of the fourth book in the series and cannot wait to follow along with Lisbeth and Mikael Blomkvist.

Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #2) by Libba Bray. I'm going to sneakily place this in my September pile as it wasn't released until the end of August and I totally forgot to talk about it, which is insane considering how much I've been looking forward to reading this sequel! Evie O'Neill and her divining friends return to fight the paranormal and this time Evie has become a media darling. But, not everyone is accepting of the Diviners abilities putting Evie and her friends in danger once again.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Gosh, although I've only read 1 book from Jojo Moyes, I already knew she's my favorite author. I will be sure to check her series out. I thought Milenium is a trilogy, and now they add the fourth book? That's interesting. I read the first book, it was great and I on the first chapters on the second book but still haven't got the urge to continue, because well, it's a crime book. However, I miss Lisbeth and her badass personality, I am going to finish this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Before You was one of the best books i read last year so would definitely recommend you pick it up. As for the Milennium trilogy apparantly the author had planned quite a few books in the series so it was always intended to be more than a trilogy. I love Lisbeth's character and am excited that it's still continuing, I do hope it's good though!

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig