Sunday 16 August 2015

Authors to Note: J K Rowling


When I think about it and count it out on my fingers, JK Rowling is probably my most read author. With seven Harry Potter books, one work of fiction and two crime novels under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith that's TEN books from one author and yet I've never thought about including her in an Author to Note post. I guess having one of the most popular series in history I would assume all you good people are on the level with JK. But you never know. I do come from a family of five where I'm still the only one who has read Harry Potter. Yeah. I. Know. Right?!

Anyway, if you are one of those people who have not experienced the delightful magic of Harry Potter then please do yourself a favour and pick up The Philosopher's Stone pronto. For everyone else we can move onto her other books. To be entirely honest I was not a big fan of The Casual Vacancy. I was so excited when this book was released but it really was a bit of a let down. Give it a go if you like but if that doesn't tickle your fancy lets move on to where Rowling's writing continues to shine: as Robert Galbraith.

The Cuckoos Calling and The Silkworm are two of my favourite crime fiction books and I'm super excited that a third in this series is being released this October. Happy days! Ex-soldier Coromoran Strike and his capable assistant Robin are characters that I have loved seeing evolve from one book to the next and fans new to the genre will be sure to love these books just as much. It's definitly interesting seeing Rowling's writing get a little bit grittier writing crime fiction.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig