Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Bedside Table Stack #7


This month's bedside table stack is a mash up of genres which is just the way I like it. I'm excited to get reading this month as there are three books which have been on my 'want to read' list since last year that I've picked up.

You by Caroline Kepnes. I'm already half way through this book and it's altogether a different kind of thriller than I've ever read before. Joe is a charming and funny bookstore worker who is winning the heart of Genevieve Beck. From the first day they meet in the bookstore where he works Beck is smitten with a man who seems custom made for her. Except that Joe is made for Beck, he knows everything about her and when her world starts to fall apart, Joe is the only one she can turn to.

The Hundred Foot Journey by Richard C Morais. I saw the film of the same name a couple of months ago and it was charmingly funny and made me drool. Hassan and his family move from India to a small French village and open a family Indian restaurant. There presence in the town is not welcomed by everyone especially their neighbour, Madame Mallory, owner of a Michelin starred expensive restaurant. I hope that the book captures all that I loved about the film and even more.

The Diviners (Book 1) by Libba Bray. I first stumbled upon this book when searching the Allen & Unwin website and the beautiful cover caught my eye. Evie O'Neill has been shipped off to New York to live with her eccentric uncle, a curator of occult objects and folklore. Evie is thrilled, after all 1920s New York is bustling with jazz bars, speakeasies and flapper girls. But when a string of occult-based murders are committed, Uncle Will is called in to help. But Evie has a secret, a mysterious power that could help catch the killer or put her in dangers way.

The Lion's Mouth by Anne Holt. You know I love me some Scandinavian crime fiction. (See here for more). When the Norwegian Prime Minister is found shot dead less than six months after taking office, was it politically motivated or a revenge killing? The crime shakes Norway to its core. Hanne Wilhelmsen it called in to deal with the sensitive case, but the truth of the crime is far more shocking and she must deal with the case before a private tragedy turns into public outrage.

Let me know if you have read any of the titles above, or what you're reading at the moment!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Another great post. Have you ever read any Yrsa Sigurðardóttir? "Last Rituals" is the first in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that author before but I always love checking out new books, thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig