Thursday 23 October 2014

Words to Live By


Scrolling through my Pinterest feed the other day I noticed for the umpteenth time how many 'words of inspiration' type pins were about and it got me thinking. Now I love a good pinable quote as much as the next girl but there really are only a few quotes that I actually take to heart and have influenced me in some way throughout my life, whether they are reminders to keep my chin-up when times are tough or just good old fashioned advice I thought I would share some of my favourites that I actually have been moved by.

"Always be financially independent." If I had a dollar for every time my mum used to say this when me and my sisters were growing up I would have been a teenage millionaire. Despite the amount of eye-rolls we used to throw at her every time she said it, I really think it's been a huge influence on my approach to saving money and wanting to stand on my own two feet.

"Everything in moderation, including moderation." This is classic Dad advice right here and somewhat annoyingly it seems I was actually listening all those times he said it. I think more than anything this is just a reminder that happiness is all in the balance.

"Comparison is the thief of joy." I started doing Pop Pilates about a year ago via YouTube and pilates instructor Cassey Ho always says this and I love it. I think it's so true that we can get caught up in comparing our own progress to other people's. Whether it be in fitness class, work promotions or comparing your blog to other people's we are not all dealt the same cards in life and this is a reminder to focus on yourself rather than other people.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." One of the many pearls of wisdom from Dr Seuss. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what other people think because those that really care about you don't mind.

What are your favourite words to live by?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The two last ones are faves :) I have so many quotes, words, and phrases that mean a lot to me. A little while ago I wrote a post on the quotes that changed me and one of the quotes were "Some people won't understand your journey, they're not supposed to, it's not for them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig