Friday 3 October 2014

Candyfloss Nails & Mattifying Primers


Primers are just one of those things aren't they? You never knew you needed one in your makeup stash until you try one and suddenly realise they are the glue that holds everything together. I have been on the lookout for something more cheap and cheerful to be the answer to my face-bace woes and am happy to say I've found it. Enter the Stay Matte Primer from Rimmel. When I first swatched this on my hand it left a weird white residue that had me thinking firstly 'ewww' and secondly 'damn, why didn't I swatch the tester before I bought this?' Happily once applied to the face it leaves a beautiful feeling to the skin, both soft and smooth to the touch. Although I can feel it once applied to my face it just feels lovely and light and perfectly matte. I do like a bit of glow in my foundation so the matte texture underneath is perfect for controlling shine. I've even been wearing it on its own with no foundation over top as it feels like some sort of barrier between my skin and shininess.

I've never been much of a nail polish wearer but in the last few months I have really become a convert with nudey hues gracing my fingers and bolder brights on my toes on a regular basis. I picked up Essie's Vanity Fairest the other day which is a beautiful candyfloss pink with a subtle amount of shimmer running through. It's actually very close to the natural pink of my nails but just gives them that extra bit of tidyness, hiding all manner of imperfections. I really think nude and neutrals are the way to go if like me you hate the actual application process of painting your fingers. The forumla of Essie is brilliant and the colour is like a quick pick-me up for your hands.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig