Tuesday 17 October 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Food Glorious Food

This week's Top Ten Tuesday with The Broke and the Bookish is a celebration of food in books.

Harry Potter :: From the feasts in the great hall to all the delicious candy featured in Harry Potter, it is hard to choose a favourite food from these books. I did always wish to try butter beer though.

The 100-Foot Journey by Richard C Morais:: A beautiful descriptive exploration of food, from India to France.

Chocolat by Joanne Harris :: My favourite book featuring delectable food because chocolate is my number one. Come to think of it, all of Joanne Harris' books feature richly descriptive foods that will make you increasingly hungry.

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen :: Like Chocolat, the food in Garden Spells holds its own type of magic.

Longbourne by Jo Baker :: Told from the servants perspective, Longbourne takes us inside the working quarters of Pride and Prejudice and while this is more about the workings of the kitchen's than a particular type of food, I can't recommend this book enough.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I want to eat all of the Harry Potter food. It sounds like the greatest food ever!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so curious about Longbourne and Garden Spells! I haven't read either of them. This is such a great list--love, love, love it (and yes, yes, yes, yes, Harry Potter and Chocolat) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longbourne is so good. I have a very glowing review of it somewhere on my site!

      Delete

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig