Tuesday 24 February 2015

Excuses That Can Hold You Back From Blogging


If there is one thing I regret about blogging it would be that I didn't start doing it sooner. Today I wanted to address some of the silly excuses that I left myself be held back by from starting my own blog. If you are familiar with any of these than you know what it is like to have self doubt about starting something scary and new. If any of these excuses are holding you back, don't let them!

You are not an expert. I think the main reason I put off starting my blog was that I'm not an expert on writing about books or doing book reviews. I would see other book bloggers who would consume books within a day or two and worry that I didn't read enough to be a good book blogger. But I realised that some of my favourite bloggers aren't experts in their fields either, rather just normal people with a passion for sharing what they do know. The most important thing is that you do have an opinion on a subject. Chances are there will always be other people in the world that like and share your view on things even if its a beginners or novice view.

I don't know where to begin. Well I can't blame you for this one as in the beginning it does take a bit of time and effort in starting up a blog. I did a couple months worth of research and planning and tweaking of my blog before publishing my first post. An awesome blog I got a lot of practical advice from is Wonder Forest. Just Google anything you don't know how to do. There is bound to be a tutorial out there that can help.

My equipment isn't fancy. I would say the only things you really need to blog are a computer and a camera. They don't have to be fancy MacBooks or the best DSLR's when you first start. I blog using my iPad and my boyfriend's tough camera. Yes, it's not ideal and doesn't take the best photos in the world but I'm loathe to invest in an expensive camera before I could prove to myself that I wanted to blog for the long term. Natural lighting and a nice background or creatively posed photo can go a long way to making a great photo.

People will judge me. I read a great quote from JennyPurr's blog the other day which was 'You will be judged or you will be ignored.' Such is the nature of the internet. However, the vast majority of people reading blogs do so because they enjoy reading and sharing fabulous content. Don't let other people's opinions hold you back from doing something that could potentially be super awesome!

So, in short if you're not a blogger and want to blog what is stopping you? If you are a blogger did you have any excuses holding you back from beginning?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig