Thursday 25 September 2014

The Baking Post: Berry and Ricotta Slice


It's been a while since I got my baking on but this past weekend I had a sudden urge to put something delicious-tasting together to take to a friend's house for after dinner. I was actually looking for the recipe of a blueberry and ricotta log that Dome cafe does but after I failed to come up with a recipe online I Googled berry and ricotta slice and found this recipe.

It's super easy to make and turned out pretty much perfectly, which isn't always the case with my baking ventures (it may have something to do with my tendency to never check whether I have all the ingredients before starting and then subsequently substituting ingredients for other-things-in-the-pantry instead). This time I actually pre-planned, shopped and followed the recipe to the letter, and I'm so glad because it turned out to be one of the nicest things I've possibly ever made.

The ricotta makes it not as sweet as other cream cheese laden slices and the berries (I used mixed rather than just blueberries) means it totally ticks one of the 'servings of fruit' for the day box. Ahem, maybe not but it tastes amazing so who cares? 

This recipe is courtesy of the Corner Cafe.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig