Thursday 21 August 2014

The Beauty Shelf: New Additions


A Thursday night shopping trip is rarely complete for me without stalking the aisles of my local pharmacy in search of new beauty and skincare finds sans giving my credit card a heart attack. Here is what I have been loving lately:

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige. I already have one of these in Bad Girl Bronze and they really are the easiest thing in the world to use. I'm down with anything that is as easy as applying crayola to the face. This champagney colour is perfect for placing in the corners of the eye for a quick perk-me-up look and takes just seconds to apply to the lid. Foolproof while still looking like you've made the effort.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick By Kate #19 and Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Coral in Gold. Some lipsticks leave me with sore chapped lips and a dark line around them due to whatever toxic nastys are hiding inside. So, when I found a lippy that ticked all the moisturising/colour goodness boxes and didn't leave me looking like a 90210 castmember the next day I got a tad excited. By Kate #19 is a beautiful everyday pink while Coral in Gold is a sheer orange with streaks of gold throughout. Glamourous and summery this is going to be my go-to for summer nights.

La Roche Posay Melt in Cream 50+. Im desperately in need of a summer moisturiser that doesn't leave me with breakouts and a greasy face by lunchtime. Perfect for upcoming holidays where sunprotection and minimal makeup are essential.

La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water. Ive been using this in place of a toner for a while and it is so deliciously refreshing on freshly cleansed skin. Although I will be adding a toner into the mix, in the meantime a quick mist of thermal spring water leaves my skin feeling calm and looking less red in appearance after my makeup has been removed. Despite my boyfriends laughter at paying for 'fancy water' I think this is a keeper!

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder. A mattifying powder perfect for greasy face days and also doubles as a cute as can be compact for my handbag.

KMS California Free Shape Quick Blow Dry Spray. For anyone who knows how time consuming blow drying thick hair can be, this spray is a real saver in the morning. It has literally cut my blow drying time down by about ten minutes, acts as a heat protector at the same time and leaves my hair looking silky and shiny without any added weight. I was going to look at the Moroccan Oil heat protector spray but with its added quickening properties I needn't bother!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig