Tuesday 15 July 2014

Candles to rival Diptyque?


If you have ever shopped at a Westfield mall in Australia or New Zealand (or anywhere else that has Peter Alexander pajama stores) I’m going to take a bet that you’ve been enticed into their store by the smell of sweet delicious vanilla. Well, its all thanks to the beautiful smelling Glasshouse candles.

Now I have always been an admirer of Diptyque but with an eye watering price-tag I’ve never quite been able to take the plunge. Glasshouse are not only a more affordable option but they are also put out the most ah-may-zing scents, come in beautiful display worthy jars and are also massive to boot. While I think I have outgrown the vanilla scent that Peter Alexander stores are famous for the range of fragrances is pretty vast. I picked up two Glasshouse candles a couple of months ago when we moved into our house and have been burning Esperance, a mimosa and apple scent, on chilly winter evenings. I also picked up Saigon, a lemongrass fragrance which I think I’ll keep for summer as it’s a beautifully light fragrance.

The candles come in two sizes - the bigger sized jars are truly massive with 80 hours of burn time in them, while the smaller candles are perfect for trying out various fragrances. I bought my mum three of the small summer varieties for Christmas last year (Montego Bay, Galapagos and Bora Bora) and they give a really fresh and clean scent without being overpowering.

I really love the simple packaging of the jars which will be perfect for reusing, when I finally get to the bottom and they don’t have any nasty labels stuck to the outside which is something that often puts me off buying other expensive candles. Peter Alexander and Adore Beauty stock these online but you can also order from the Glasshouse website. Another bonus is they are all aussie made! I really don’t think I need any more candles since two is going to take me months and months to use up but they also have a range called ‘La Maison’ that come in really beautifully designed black geometric jars so I think I might just have to try those out as well.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig